Memorial Reefs are better than traditional burial.
We create and place Memorial Reef containing cremated remains. People love these memorials because:
- Memorial Reefs cost around half of the average cost of a traditional burial
- We attach a marine-grade bronze plaque on your memorial
- The loss of your loved one ultimately rejuvenates the world’s oceans
- There’s no time pressure. You can create the memorial any time after cremation.
And you can visit them whenever you want.
Visit the reef on your own, any time: We give you a set of GPS coordinates to visit the reef whenever you want (if you lose them, just ask - we know the location of every reef). These reefs are absolutely open to visit, and you can dive down and see them in shallow water. We only ask that you don’t damage the newly developing reef while you’re there!
Destination funerals and chartered return visits: Memorial Reefs International will take you and your family out to the reef for the dedication and placement of the reef. It’s a multi-day vacation with catering and lodging included. We can set up repeat visits - some families go back annually.
Reefs in Two Locations and over 3,000 with Our Partners.
We’re building new memorial reefs in beautiful spots all around the world. We choose locations that will benefit greatly from the restoration of coral reefs.
- Silcer / Mérida, Yucatán / Mexico
- Venice / Veneto / Italy
And more than 3,000 other locations across 70 countries thanks to Memorial Reefs International’s alliance with the Reef Ball Foundation.